URPoint Details
Known as the ‘Lourdes of Wales’, St Winifred’s Well, has long been a place of healing.
Legend has it that St Winifred was a 7th century girl and as she refuses to marry Prince Caradoc she was beheaded and the spring gushed where her head fell.
The church of St James dates from 1769 and has been restored in the Norman style and there are some fine brasses and the headless figure of an ecclesiastic.
- Type:
- Landmark